Friday 10 September 2010

Dreams

I've had dreams, of late, of looking into a precipice. I've had three such dreams in a row.

In the first one, I was back in Zimbabwe, investigating factories for horse-riding. There was a chasm between two rocky edifices, and I hid under some overhanging rocks in order to allow horses above me to jump from one side to the other, unhindered by the distraction of my being there.

In the second dream, I was back in Africa and investigating the lifestyles of the rich, as compared to the lifestyles of the poor. I made my way out of one rich person's garden, which I didn't know that I was in. It had trapped me like a labyrinth -- as well as Letwin, and others too, whom I was with. We went down an enormous flight of stairs. At the bottom of it was the sky -- empty air and clouds. It filled me with fear. But then the sky turned into the ocean, warm and green, and there were so many fish there I kept inadvertently picking them up.

In the third, I ride on horseback to the edge of the rocky precipice, and manage to pull my horse away from veering over the edge. The man said my horse had shivered at the sight of it, although in reality he hadn't at all.

Next, a dragon is gliding within this chasm, and asks me to throw a water bottle down to him -- down over the precipice -- as he is thirsty. I think that it will miss, but the dragon catches my water bottle and is refreshed.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity