Thursday 30 September 2010

The art of The Listen

I was originally intending to point out that Westerners presume I was brought up with all sorts of advantages, and to look down on others, whereas my actual situation differed very much from what they presume to have been the case.

As for WHY my situation differed, or indeed, who was to blame for that, these are themselves very Western preoccupations, and that is not a way in which I was brought up to think. I mean, if we find out why something happened, that does not immediately solve the problem, or make it better in any way.

What would be of benefit to me is if Westerners themselves were capable of listening to the stories of those whites who happen to have come from Africa, instead of hatin' on them.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity