Friday 7 February 2014

Chimp chatter

A Horrible Suspicion Just Visited Me | Clarissa's Blog



Chimp chatter.   "Stay out of the kitchen" and "boys will be boys".   If I really despise someone, I never see any harm in letting them do what they were going to do anyway.   I let, for instance, boys be boys.   Now, I happen to know certain things that would make their lives less squalid and more fulfilled, but they are intent on being "boys".   Meanwhile, I've actually stolen fire from the men.   I really have.  I've figured it all out -- what they men were keeping from me.   I understand, for instance, the secrets of war and of warfare.   Consequently, there is nothing I need from the boys, and I can leave them to their homilies and platitudinizing.  It must give them comfort to know there is something in which they automatically excel.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity