Thursday 6 February 2014

What steven pinker gets right

1.  Learning is necessarily an artificial process.  One has to still the animal within, or have it stilled by somebody externally.  You can't learn in a 'natural' way -- that is, animalistically.

2.  The idea of leftists that they can continually shape or model personalities is wrongheaded.  I will add, it is also reprehensible.  Idiots have been trying to reshape and remodel me over two decades.  When I complained about the offensive nature of their actions, they turned around and said I didn't know who I was.   So then they added another level to their abuse.

These are the two points on which I agree with the ideologue of the late 90s, early 00s.

As for the story he tells as a whole, I think what he fleshes in and what he leaves out tells a story, or creates a gestalt impression that is predominantly ideological in nature.

For instance, the idea of male honor is elaborated upon, but no concept of human honor that also extends to women is mentioned.

This means that people who treat women like myself in an offensive way have to learn the hard way that this tendency to overlook important matters actually matters -- i.e has repercussions.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity