Thursday 3 July 2008

mental and physical training do not end here

Go to training this afternoon. Not the class. I want to do the bag work, developing power, timing, and my own rhythm and arrhythmic style. (Too much rhythm in your style is unhelpful as it telegraphs your punches and kicks, but a certain amount of rhythm is helpful for creating flow.)

Ah. Must also develop my kata.

Had a dream last night whereby I floated over a barbed wire fence into a public swimming pool that had been closed for the night. I dove in towards the bottom of the pool, but as I tried to turn around and come up to the surface, I was paralysed in part, and just kept going one direction. Surely I am working too hard -- but also not hard enough to give myself a break?

Must go to training. Clarify my mind.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity