Sunday 9 November 2008

sleeping dream

In this dream, I'm watching from a close range, as a small plane (about the size of a single engine cessna) approaches the airport (actually located where Perth train station is). It's coming in too low not to miss the bridge and the highway running on it, I think. Also it's slowing down. It's not going to meet its destination.

The plane, however, lands quite neatly, like a helicopter, vertically, upon the road along the bridge. I'm at the swimming pool, planning to train in my swimming endeavours, and having a party. The old woman arrives there, and offers me a lift home. "I had no idea whether I was at 10, 000 feet or higher, or whether I was quite low," she explains.

"What? You didn't have an altometer?" I enquired.

"No," she told me.

I'm being driven back by her now, and she has all those discarded and broken golden sandals scattered in the back of the vehicle. They are about the size that would have fit a very large doll.

1 comment:

Seeing Eye Chick said...

Coming Down.

Golden Sandals--Broken, Reminds me of the Winged Sandals of Mercury--A deity associated with knowledge, learning, communication and swiftness. You have been flitting about like a coked up hummingbird for a while now, working on these projects.

Re-integration, resuming a different pace, at a different altitude {other than Academia's Ivory Towers perhaps}. Its lonely up there for some, blessedly silent for others.

Your swimming pool---the Lap of luxury, a place to bask in the sun.

Wathing planes land where train stations used to be, Raising the Bar.

Cultural barriers to objectivity