Wednesday 7 August 2013

Dishonesty

With This Kind of Friends, Who Needs Enemies? | Clarissa's Blog

It’s a basic marker of dishonesty, this kind of caring, which does not engage directly with my thoughts. I find that a very common do-gooder will not address the facts I present, but will view them as evidence of some sort of moral failure. They sweep through life and act chaotically, not comprehending anything at all, but believing they are setting the world to rights.

There are, self-evidently, some aspects of existence that need to be corrected, for instance cliff arroyo’s complete failure to furnish me with proper American strip-teases, but the moralists never address these important issues. Instead, they attempt to correct my perceptions or those experiences I’ve had that they wrongly perceive as my failures — as if life were no more complicated than to have a basket full of successes and another (no doubt significantly larger) basketful of regrets.

If only reality would become so simple!

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity