Saturday 17 August 2013

No, no, no

Growing Down | Clarissa's Blog


My memoir is about defying parental control, but to say no, no, no, isn’t pretty. Contemporary feminists do not find it pretty. I didn’t find it very delicate when I wrote it. Mostly, you cannot appear to be on the side of good moral judgement if you defy your parents’ control and evaluations of you. You give up claim to the trophy that contemporary feminists desire more than anything. They want to be considered on the side of goodness and perfection, which means not evincing a propensity for self-defense (it is too violent) and playing the victim in a much more subtle way. In truth, there was nothing unreal about my victimhood. I did not play any role and I kept fighting against it in a grotesque manner.

I’m long past being disgusted. I had that sensation several years ago when I realized that even feminists didn’t understand me. I mean, the fight for one’s psychological freedom can be aesthetically disgusting, but it is still a fight worth having.

 It pays to realize that contemporary feminists are wrapped up in a religious paradigm and the gold they have in sight is that of feminine resolution to their problems, through embracing morality and God. Only they have to do it in a way that proves they are superior to men.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity