Sunday 25 May 2014

immaturity

Outlaw MRAs! | Clarissa's Blog





He also keeps using the expression of "clamored" up the stairs (twice now), when I think he means, "clambered" (like an ape).



Really, the thing to do when one is down and out is to laugh at oneself.  I also had similar troubles around his age, crying every Christmas, for reasons that I didn't know why (maladjustment and not quite feeling any nourishing sensation from life).



The key is to access the negative part of the dialectic better -- one's own trauma (I hadn't acknowledged my tremendous losses in being uprooted from Africa and hence I hadn't mourned) and sexual messiness (you have to take risks, if you can find anything attractive or interesting that can lure you in).   Of course women are a little different from men, at least in my own experience, because at that age (22 or so) I wasn't that interested in sex, but more in exploring nature and the environment, which I needed to be a sensual experience at that point.



So I can understand, at least abstractly, what he is going on and on about.  Other point is that I'm from Africa where a strict hierarchy was in place (and one is never at the top) so I would never have had that sense of entitlement to go around killing people.



But certainly one has to grow OUT OF one's immaturity and there are ways to do so.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity