Saturday 24 May 2014

Military 2

Thursday Link Encyclopedia and Self-Promotion | Clarissa's Blog





"Technologically, humans might well reach a place where men and women are as interchangeable in combat as they are in office work but we’re not there yet."



It doesn't bother me as I am out of step and now even one might say middle-aged, so I have no stake in what present societies have already decided about gender roles.  I would care even less for anything more symbolically representative about these.



The point is, since I am one imbued with ONE of the most fundamental elements of fighting capacity (I don't assert that I have all of the elements or that I am superlative in the military mindset),  I do get to use it, informally and whenever I like.  I also seek avenues to express it more fully.



The issue of recognition does become more trivial: as time presses on the stakes are somewhat different.



I don't really care if a society relegates me to a definitively feminine role, which is what it has tried to do for the first part of my life.  But I do take pleasure in making it pay.



It's not for any reason, really, just that I have a military instinct, and I like to bring it out to play.  :)

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity