Friday 30 January 2015

Summarizing the theory of intellectual shamanism; & the curtain falls


Published on 30 Jan 2015
I summarize my theory of intellectual shamanisms a whole, looking back on what I have achieved with it and let fall the curtain on developing the theory after a final bow. I did forget to mention that the white, colonial identity forms the locked basement of the Western mind, invoking fear. It is the one area that they do not permit themselves to enter and yet it contains the anxiety that causes the overall identity to form the way it does. I also seem to have mentioned, in the video, that Western women tend to be hysterics. I do not really mean that generally, except that I have recently experienced some views again, regarding identity politics, that I deem to be overtly crazy. Intellectual shamanism embraces the opposite principle to identity politics -- not defensively enclosing oneself in within a narrow identity but moving into the different parts of the mind to understand and know more about the society one lives in. Intellectual shamanism expands health through our understanding more and more about the political and historical divisions that separate our different identities and which thereby effectively limit our psychological wholeness.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity