Wednesday 11 February 2015

A New Trend in Hiring | Clarissa's Blog

A New Trend in Hiring | Clarissa's Blog



I don’t have the smoothness of personality to start a job recruiting agency. I have it in the Asian context, but not in the Western cultural context. I am inclined to disrespect people’s Western individualism and see it as as an unsightly protuberance of what Ortega y Gassett called “mass man”. Regrettably enough, I cannot disguise my contempt. Of all the environments I tried in my experimentation, the two that worked the best for me were academia (so long as I was allowed to be on my own and didn’t have to mingle with the pseudo-left) and the military (where the culture seemed aesthetically delightful to me and very easy to undertand since that was the environment I was brought up in).

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity