Friday 6 February 2015

Creating an Immigrant Community | Clarissa's Blog

Creating an Immigrant Community | Clarissa's Blog



I think that academic and so called “leftwing” men generally do not understand the critique of patriarchy. Getting back to my experience, I found that I wanted some moral support in the face of people, trolls are family members alike, alleging the I was “emotional”. This was a simple need. Stand up for me and with me so that I do not feel pulled down by a slur on my character that makes me unrecognisable to myself.
However there are those who have a strange notion of objectivity, which they counterpose to subjectivity. They imagine that individuals are biased and have no access to their own inner lives but that observers are always impartial and politically neutral. These implicit assumptions unravel all their calculations and make them wrong indeed. Uni professors tend to be very blind in this area of the ideological loading of meaning on the basis of the implicit paradigms they hold. They don’t do the self-analysis because they are intellectually arrogant.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity