Tuesday 29 September 2015

Daylight out of Darkness - YouTube

Daylight out of Darkness - YouTube



+Daylight out of Darkness Thank you. I believe you are right -- although I don't view politics and its impact on morality in as black-and-white a way as perhaps would be implied by the statement that I was "gaslighted". Of course we are all "gaslighted" in the sense that our historically-conditioned perspective is extremely limited and we can be wrong-footed by subsequent historical events that cast a different light on our actions.
In any case, the real gas-lighting I experienced was after migration, when I was told a totally new story about my circumstances, namely that my life had been extremely easy, that I had commanded great authority and had extreme material wealth, and that sort of thing. I was supposed to have had a totally different character, too, based on these impossible things. That was the real source of confusion for me, not the prior state of wandering around Africa bare-foot or on horses.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity