Monday 14 September 2015

Plf. MOO

On the Mount of Olives I walked around in bare feet, not afraid of the cold of ice, pressing in around me.   I had come to prosecute a war and I would not leave until I'd drawn my spear and made my impact, as great or minimal as that may be.
I roamed high and low listening for answers regarding my community for as yet I had no community.  I was alone and yet this fact did not phaze me.  I hadn't come here for company.  Indeed, coming here had not even been my choice.  I'd been assigned here, by agents higher than me.   "Either come back a hero or come back with your head on a shield," they had stated.  And I'd willingly obeyed.
The Spartan life form does not ask much questions of itself.  It rests or roosts indifferent to its fate, which has been pre-decided.  I, myself, just being me, am not more than one.  I came here, and being alone, I am solitary, but I lose or gain nothing this way, I lose or gain nothing.
I'm alone; but God decreed it that way or Satan from the pits of hell itself.  Black bats fly around me, having being disturbed from their cage, but against the sunlight they are white, almost translucent.  I am the friend of black bats and anything dark and sinister, just as much as I'm on my own and must preserve my life at every cost.
My father died in primary school but rose again to run the factory.  That is how I think about things nowadays.  "Do not allow the pug dog to enter the microwave oven, as it will only roast itself!" asserted my mother.  She knew right from wrong and I acquiesced to her views.  I'd be the ongoing guarding of the pug, by maintaining full security surveillance, 24-7, for fear it entered that experience, which could only serve to roast itself.  It counted upward, "one-two-three", and downward again, "three-two-one".   The other dog had warned me of its views, but now it had the reputation, either of being born-again or of being permanently dead (and yet somehow alive).  My mother had sided with the permanently dead point of view, but I had always fallen on the side of optimism, thus my view was "dead and then alive".












No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity