Friday 25 September 2015

Vlog CCCX





A narc once tried to mould me but if you listen really, really carefully (because you have become aware of narcs through bitter trial and error) you can hear a lot of things from them, like I did. I heard this one say indirectly "I am going to try to paint you as extremely emotional." I heard that because suddenly for no reason he began protesting against emotionality. I immediately took that as my cue not to pay attention to anything I may be feeling but to only look at the actions and see what kind of affect they were aiming to achieve. After that, despite my feelings of ambivalence toward this narc., I switched off my positive sensations such as empathy toward the original image of the narc. I'd had and responded to the situation only on the basis of an objective reckoning.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity