Sunday 13 September 2015

The surface irrationality of Continental Philosophy





I can relate greatly to your story, the basic structure is the same except my family have a colonial mentality of the old British West Indies, and I was brought up in England. but the rigid metaphysics, authority, gaslighting, emotional cut off was all there. even the sense of wilderness in the Caribbean as a child.
+MadebyReuben Wow. I am really glad to meet you!
+Jennifer Armstrong it does take some time to put all the pieces together, i finally have most of the events of my upbringing and reasons behind some of the behaviors exhibited by my family understood, but im sure more will reveal itself, over time.
+MadebyReuben It's really, really hard to put the pieces together when you are from Rhodesia, especially leaving at the age I did, because people do get very angry or exasperated due to the stigmatic status of that nation. They also don't like to talk about differences in psychology due to upbringing, since in intellectual and liberal circles that has become quite out of style to do so.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity