Friday 11 September 2015

Vlog CCXCIII





I tend to get thumbs downs when I speak about the actual attitudes people have had toward me on the basis of their stereotyping of my gender, along with the actual experiences I have had moving between cultures, where I compare the colonial society to the modern structures of existence. People don't like hearing about those things and so try to make them go away using magical thinking. But nothing changes just because others disapprove of things that happened. The general line of disapproval seems to run like this: If I mention that I was treated prejudicially because there are differences in the way people viewed gender, this fact will be opposed. And, if I mention that there are cultural and historical differences, people will assert to me that the only differences there can possibly be are hormonal. It's outrageous that I should insist on differences other than hormonal differences between anybody.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity