Monday 5 September 2016

Bataille's anti-authoritarianism Vs. liberalism - YouTube

Bataille's anti-authoritarianism Vs. liberalism - YouTubeCC's World13 minutes agoHIGHLIGHTED COMMENT

You talk about your father borderline personality and the damage that this caused you, how about your mother was she scared/enabler or protector? It seem we are living now the times where the agenda is to pull down all known religions toward a more let say Eastern religions and finally i assume no religion but passing from religions and deities to the making the State/Government/Power the only "deity".
Jennifer Armstrong 
My mother is a contradictory personality. On the one side she has very strong nurturing instincts and can be very kind, which is a genuine aspect of her personality. On the other side, her intellect and emotions are extremely underdeveloped, hovering around an age of maybe eight years old, which made her a victim to my father's machinations. Also she always supports an extreme right wing point of view even when I explain things to her regarding how this hurts personally. She doesn't see that demanding that I convert to Christianity so that I can "straighen out my life" (or something to that effect) is personally very hurtful and damaging to my sense of self. You can't solve any of the complex problems of life by hammering someone into a right-wing formulation. She honestly can't see that. On one side she says, "I love you very much", but on the other side, she can't develop a picture of me beyond one where she and I are eight year olds, playing in the field together. If I point out something different about my life, it causes her a narcissistic injury.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity