Saturday 10 September 2016

Steal my ideas & steal my "identity" - YouTube

Steal my ideas & steal my "identity" - YouTube:



'via Blog this'



Yes, I hope the idea of commodified identity NEVER makes sense to you! =) You are looking at identity as a candle-flame, which can share its properties with another candle wick, create a new, unique and individual light, and the original flame is not diminished. That to me, is the way of a true teacher--
to simply burn by the light of their own flame, yet fully willing to share their own enlightenment with others, for the pure joy of the transfer of light; not for profit, not for some strange aggrandizement of the idea of self, but just pure delight in learning, in asking, in investigating, and in the contentment that comes from accomplishing the ascent and descent through the peaks and valleys of philosophical thought!
 


When I was studying my PhD and focusing on an African writer, I heard some people proclaim that the reason he was angry at the world was because he was not being awarded enough royalities for his book. I found that quite unbelievable. Actually he didn't like being given a narrow and restricted identity, even if the identity was lauded and compensated for by white liberals. He wanted to throw objects at their heads for being hypocritical (overly saccharine, etc.)

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity