Friday 9 September 2016

Steal my ideas & steal my "identity" - YouTube

Steal my ideas & steal my "identity" - YouTube: "s

inquisitivemind 
inquisitivemind4 minutes agoHIGHLIGHTED COMMENT
I think this is brilliant commentary and will share it on my google page :) I was just juggling some of your thoughts a couple of weeks ago, I could not wrap my mind about the number of people suffering with malignant narcissism as well as cognitive dissonance, and then I thought it must be because of the flip flop they have to do not just from abuse but from the flip flop individualistic mentality to the collectivist mentality, back and forth in many contexts, but they seem to do it unconciously, as soon as they can grasp a belief system based on or lack of morals, they are switching again, the wires become mangled. In pop culture, movies, celebrity, we hardly look at the makings, more at the results, that is intended I think for us as a consumer to indentify with goals only and not journey....empathy is found in a journey, goals are just objective....All this is very hard to catch and a person (like me, or you or anybody else that gets it) would have to have been completely ostracized, outcast or foreign to it to and then submerged in it to understand. Great video cant wait to have time to watch more of yours.
Jennifer Armstrong (Philosophy) 
Haha. You got it! You also raise another interesting point, which is that process is not understood in current materialist culture. The value of process is ostracized, which really is as bizarre as it gets, since we are all creatures in progess, working through different processes. If you deny process, then all you have is the illusion of the result, which convention demands has to be perfect. But that is emptiness itself -- the perfect end result without any meaning and without any real content.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity