Wednesday 9 December 2015

Philosophical efficacy, adventure, violence and sayonara - YouTube

Philosophical efficacy, adventure, violence and sayonara - YouTubeAntistar211 33 minutes ago · LINKED COMMENT


I enjoy a great number of your videos. I have come across number of interesting youtubers in my time and you are defintly one of the most interesting. I think the first time I came across your channel was when I noticed one of your videos in the recommended section. I had just watched a video on Nietzsche and Thus Spoke Zarathustra and noticed a video you had made on Zarathustra. It was one of the videos on Zarathustra in which you wear a pair of spectles with a black rim and the video is in black and white. After watching this video I subscribed to your channel. After looking through your videos and channel infomation, and finding out that you were from Africa and more specifically Rhodesia, I was really interested. I find Africa intesting. It seems to be overlooked as opossed to most other places in the world and the fact that you are of European decent and grew up there in a cutlture that was before the age of moderntity to add to the layer of interest.

Unfortunately I do not always have the time to think over all the the stuff that you talk about in your videos and I have watched sone of your videos more than a few times in the past more than once. I pick up on some of the more esoteric points that you make in your videos that others seem to miss, though I do not want to speak to soon just in case I have got the wrong end of the stick. You have said in one of your more recent videos that you have difficulty speaking with people from different cultures since they often time take a different meaning from what you say. It is a shame since an element of your thought might help. Some element of colonial thinking, an element of Rhodesia, an element of Africa might help people.

+Antistar211 Thank you so much.
I think the main difference between myself and modern people is that I come from a culture and mindset of austerity. I do believe that is the fundamental difference. Because when I speak, no matter if I am joking to make light of a bad situation, or reflecting, or reporting on what I know, I do not waste words. I do mean my words to ward of the bad and to invite the good, and I will back up every word I say. On the other hands, moderners think I really do not mean what I say, and because they are themselves are generally lacking in a sense of historical context, and may also lack the necessary feeling of internal discipline that growing up in austere circumstances instils, they take too much of what I say for granted, or imagine I am wasting my words, or that I wont stand behind every word I say (sometimes to the point of what seems like death in some regards or at least something very extreme). There is a different feeling-sensation the contemporary people carry around with them, which is more akin to 'easy come, easy go', the mindset of a throwaway society. If listeners were to try to take in my meanings using that attitudinal stance as their lens to see through, I have no doubt that they would understand nothing of what I have to say, or failing that, they would understand almost the opposite, which is that I am lamenting on something that ought to just have been thrown away. I find that this modern attitidunal stance is the main barrier to my being able to get my point across.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity