Monday 28 December 2015

Vlog CCCXCIX





You know. one of the things you and I have in common is that "joking around with the boys". Ok, there was this one guy (but this has likely happened to me more than once, and perhaps it has been the most common way I've inadvertently provoked covert narcs)....this one guy began to show contempt for the details of my life. So I thought, "Ok, That's fine to take our collective toughness up another level, because that's where I spend most of my waking hours in any case, in stoicism land." But I think I was supposed to feel the contempt in isolation and not make it into a socially shared motif of toughness, as I did. I think this is where things began to look as though they were going wrong in a lot of my relationships with covert narcs.
Also the humor aspect, which is in the same vein as the toughness motif -- they tend to think you are publicly shaming them, rather than engaging in some give-and-take. I think this may have produced a turning point whereby a lot of narcs went to war against me.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity