Tuesday 23 June 2015

liberals

Jennifer Armstrong Shared on Google+ · 18 hours ago
 
+Antistar211 Thank you for commenting.  First let me state my political tendency, which is that I am of the libertarian left.  I am not an authoritarian leftist and I am no liberal.  Georges Bataille's psychological posture somehow approximates my politics, although his own politics sometimes does not. My problem with liberals, whether or not they happen to to be white, is their unrealistic handling of real problems.  They're not warrior enough to go to war against real problems, and if you find yourself paired with them, at the slightest sign of trouble they will go running away. As I said to Mike yesterday, they hold "social justice" at such a high value that they may believe that magically their notions can replace what is really necessary.  As an example, supposing a really nice loving person is crossing the street one day, and they happen to get hit by a car.  All the bones are mangled and they need extensive physiotherapy if they are to make any recovery at all.  The nice liberal says something to the equivalent of "that is unjust.  This person has already suffered enough and ought not to be made to continue to suffer.  Let someone else suffer for a change."   Now, well it is certainly so that the nice person has endured enormous suffering, it is also practically a fact that they need to endure even further suffering to rehabilitate themselves.  That was my situation after I was politically assaulted (and had to use harsh theories like those of Nietzsche and Bataille to recover myself).  But the good liberal still condemns me for using Nietzsche and Bataille, rather than something fluffier. The problem with the good liberal is this:  Just because we think the world ought to be just, that doesn't make it so.  Also by demanding that all solutions have to be light and fluffy, you sometimes end up with no solution at all. This is my view about the more benign kind of liberal, anyway, not the social justice warrior, whose mode of operation I cover in part in the video above.  

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity