Sunday 15 November 2015

Narcissistic Abuse | Sounding Crazy to Others | Surviving The Aftermath





Yeah, I I've had that a lot too -- people treating me like I was crazy. In fact, it was considered conventional during the nineties to label women, in particular, "oversensitive". So, I thought, well perhaps that could be true. I come from a very warlike society originally, but we women were nowhere as tough or as stoical as the men were expected to be. So I worked more on my toughness and developed my inner will and stoicism. I also upgraded my expectations that most people around would be much tougher than I, and that I could basically tell them anything and not expect them to react. In fact, the opposite was true. Most people couldn't put up with even a tenth of what I had been putting up with all this time without over-reacting. I tested that. I found it to be true. And after all of this, something even stranger happened. I was accused of aiming to be tough and not just accepting conventional gender roles. The goal posts were changed!
This could make you completely crazy. It almost did, to me.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity