Thursday 19 November 2015

Narcissists and Emotional Communication

Narcissists and Emotional Communication: "I had one narc. who emulated all the postures of people whom I had felt sick with, in the past, many of whom were narcs, after I asked him to read my memoir. He just suddenly began acting mentally unwell, but not in a way that represented, so much a particular individual, but by conglomerating those things that I had noted I had found in the past to be upsetting.

This really disturbed me as it was the reaction I was least expecting. Also this guy was a professional in thinking, an academic, and I wondered how it could be possible his thinking had degenerated until it was the condensation of Anti-Thought. He kept bombarding me with his Anti-Thought, after that, whenever he got a moment between other conversations. It was quite shocking, not because I had not encountered various levels of narcissistic disturbance before, but just the way he had collated and condensed all the things I had found offensive into his own attitudinal stance. He was highly, highly trained in real thinking, but this is what he had reduced himself to. I felt it as a strong attack, but I could not fathom any reason for it. When I eventually asked him, he stonewalled me and said he "could not remember" and (in another mention) that he "did that all the time"."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity