Thursday 5 November 2015

Rhodesian masculinity, sources of misogynistic mentality - YouTube



Jennifer Armstrong 9 hours ago

 I look at the psychological origins of misogyny in the masculinist society, Rhodesia. I speak of my experience of having to suddenly cope with an eruption of this at the age of 12, when Rhodesia lost the war.

Also (and not least) I address the unexpected reaction of Western feminists to this form of patriarchy.

 Reply  · 3



Hide replies



Antistar211 2 hours ago (edited)

 +Jennifer Armstrong What does your father make of all this? What doe he think of the world outside of Rhodesia partically the West? Also what does he think of Nietzsche, Bastille, Marachera? What does think of your intellectual indevers? Your intellectual shamanism? Your youtube channel?

 Reply  · 1





Jennifer Armstrong 3 minutes ago

 +Antistar211 Well there is a weird stopping-time thing, so...so far as my father is concerned this YouTube channel does not exist, neither do my intellectual endeavours, and my interest in Marechera is a strange fascination, probably, of a very young girl, who may or may not have seen him in the park before she was 15.  Everything stopped when Rhodesia died.  My father has a very reasonable and humanly decent perspective if you talk to him about anything African, but if you try to relate in terms of anything that happened after that, his thoughts are rather disordered and amazingly detached.

 Reply  · 1

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity