Sunday 7 August 2016

A video not designed for tender ears - YouTube

A video not designed for tender ears - YouTube:





S. F. 
Patriarchy is alive and well everywhere and so is misogyny. It's most disturbing to find it among women who should know better but for some the need to identify with power is greater than the need to be honest with themselves. Feminism continues to remain necessary and relevant.
Jennifer Armstrong 
In fact, because of my pariah status as an ex "Rhodesian" I received no support from: feminists, self-proclaimed liberals OR conservatives. What bemused me is that all of these adopted an extreme authoritarian and patriarchal perspective to ward me off, before going back to whatever-it-was-they-were-pretending-to-be.
S. F. 
+Jennifer Armstrong Your sitgmatized status threatened their social identity. Often that means you will only be further stereotyped.
Jennifer Armstrong 
+S. F. So it seems. I have nothing but pity for these poor, frail people, who pretended to be something they were not.
Hide replies 
Narcissistic web/ Nαρκισσιστικος ιστός 
Jennifer allow me to say that this is the "deepest" description I have ever heard about Narcissistic psychological abuse and the effect it has on a persons soul.. Thank you for this video. and so sorry you had to go through this, no child no human being should
Jennifer Armstrong 
Thank you for understanding it so well. The worst part was when I screwed up the courage to begin to try my most intelligible communication about it, which took me many, many years (to try to put the pieces of it all together) and I was betrayed by those who had represented themselves to me as wise. In fact they adopted patriarchal demeanors toward me. I had expected something different from them.
jay are 
are you an only child?
Jennifer Armstrong 
I'm the eldest of four, and my experience is quite different from those of my siblings. It seems my father put me in the role of his mother, who he held responsible for all the misfortunes he had experienced in life. He was very, very rageful at her for a number or reasons...putting him in physical and psychological danger and the like. In short, he was angry with her because she used the coping strategies she did within a patriarchal culture.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity