Friday 5 August 2016

Self-reconciliation: Is this the hardest act of all? - YouTube

Self-reconciliation: Is this the hardest act of all? - YouTubeGrace Colleen5 hours ago

So true. Recognizing gas lighting is like finding one cockroach, when you see one, you see 1,000, and you know that there are hundreds of thousands hidden from view. In the beginning of seeing this, I was shocked and frightened, but now I feel very "in the know". As my emotions bubble up from hidden places within, I can experience them with the deep strength and knowing that I don't have to completely identify. I know that they will change again and again. It is getting easier to lay them down, the awful ones and some of the what can be deemed good ones, and find something enjoyable to do...alone or in good company. Peace.
Jennifer Armstrong 
Goodness me, I had to go through a real emotional hell, experiencing everything that others had projected onto me -- a lot of emotions about things that they could not process for themselves. I had to process, in effect, "evil", such as others understood it. Finally I am free.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity