Saturday 6 August 2016

Self-reconciliation: Is this the hardest act of all? - YouTube

Self-reconciliation: Is this the hardest act of all? - YouTube:



'via Blog this'



I think I can now ask this question that has been trying to form....Where is there a separation between the cultural and the personal? It's feeling a bit like the chicken and the egg if we go back far enough, and given that we can't do that, the question begs. In the world of interpersonal boundaries, it seems more evident, but when I try to understand the macro impact on the micro...is there any individual/personal given that culture taints every aspect of our lives? Even in regard to our preferences which we deem to be very personal, culture has made it's imprint. The longing for love and approval can be seen as a need of the biology of the animal, as well as the psychological well being of the animal which are both found in the context of culture...and to say nothing of the spiritual. I'm enjoying this inquiry, thank you.
Jennifer Armstrong 
It is a hard line to draw, and never solid. One has to come to know it through trial and error. I learned by observing my own reactions but also by trying to apply foreign paradigms and foreign solutions to my problems and having no luck with them. When I apply the answers that come from people who have struggled with an authoritarian paradigm, I am on much safer ground, but I can't seem to apply most modern solutions to anything I have experienced.



No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity