Tuesday 23 October 2012

The madness of King USA

Feminist Theory Urgently Needed « Clarissa's Blog

I’ve been mistaken for most types of US feminist, I’m sure. I don’t know the difference between a spiritual type and a power type, but I would say the first believes that women are intrinsically goddesses, and the second says, no, we have to beat men at their own game.

My feminism is not defined by USA culture, but is African. 

I suffered from a lot of emotional repression growing up, but then learned that extreme, masculinist society used emotional repression as its own means of dominance. I was pilloried for being a feminist and mistaken for a man. Both events happened simultaneously, so I see there is a lot of room for error in the game of categorization.

Cultural barriers to objectivity