Sunday 14 October 2012

What to Do About Bad People? « Clarissa's Blog

What to Do About Bad People? « Clarissa's Blog

I’m from a colonial culture, so if there were any problem people, those people were dealt with immediately and directly, in much the way that our majestic prime minister recently (but belatedly) demolished Tony Abbott. This video is very instructive as to how it’s done.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-09/julia-gillard-attacks-abbott-of-hypocrisy/4303634

My female teachers used to be extremely adept at the art of sarcasm, and capable of demoralizing you for not focusing in class, in an instant.

Nowadays, nobody does anything about actual bullies or menaces, or they waste their political ammo attacking people like me, who intend them no harm, but come from an uncomfortable sounding part of the world.

You can tell you have been defeated when you are not allowed to fight back, or when your weapons are powerless. As Marechera writes, an enemy that is defeated does not lose their weapons but their armor. That way, you feel all the stings and humiliation of not being allowed to fight back.

I always fight back, though. If someone uses a weapon against me, I take it off them.

Once I've got it, you never know what I will do.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity