Monday 17 June 2013

Purists

Monday Link Encyclopedia and Self-Promotion | Clarissa's Blog

He is absolutely right, though. His children’s success or lack thereof in every area of life is in no way dependent on their parents’ money or education. It is dependent on how psychologically healthy their upbringing was. 

Upbringing it huge.  The best thing my parents did for me was to give me adequate resources (food, room to explore, schooling) and leave me alone.  To the degree they didn't leave me alone, the outcomes were poor.

I did manage to achieve a lot of changes on my own, though.  As I said to a recent ape, "You can see by the outcome that my efforts toward personal transformation were excellent."  Some people, though, embrace an ideology whereby they see any change as a betrayal of one's ontological structure.   Even if you explain to them that the opposite is the case -- that survival necessitated change -- they will keep on insisting that personal transformation is immoral indeed, and driven by criminal motives.

So there are a lot of people, I have figured out, who would have preferred to see me not survive.   They're ontological purists who want everything in life to stay that same.  If not, they will simply kill the changed object.

The reasoning seems to go:  "You must be very angry if we've treated you that way, so we need to terminate you."

This is something I get from Christians and conservatives.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity