Wednesday 21 October 2015

Privileged knowledge distribution within the colonial system - YouTube

Privileged knowledge distribution within the colonial system - YouTube



+MagiMysteryTour ok. What this YouTube channel is about, and indeed most of my writing is also about, is to try to convey something that contemporary Westerners are unfamiliar with. The video you commented on had to do with why it was difficult for me to stand my ground as a person who could feel ethically or morally justified in my own right, because I had been undermined by the assumptions of the first world Westerners that I had enjoyed power or that I had much more knowledge about my society than I did. The video was intended to explain why they were wrong about their assumptions. I did not know very much at all because of the stratified society. Moreover, as a child, I hadn't even been given full permission to enter that society. I knew very little. And the amount of power I had was very small -- not even the power of individualistic self-determination that contemporary Westerners award themselves.  
I hope this makes things clearer.


No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity