Monday 6 May 2013

Apes playing games

If It Weren’t For You. . . | Clarissa's Blog


I don't play games. I am completely responsible for any failures, but I see myself as broadly the confluence of historical forces and I am satisfied with that. Failures are not end points, but are part of life's continuum. As such, I prepare myself thoroughly for wins and losses. I really believe I have a high quality of life, perhaps unmatched by many. The less I allow others to detour me from my inclinations, the richer and happier my life becomes. I used to be too polite -- listening to others with the attitude, "perhaps you have a point."

One can't help doing this when one is young and naive, as one simply has to learn from one's environment by paying it close attention. With years and maturity, one becomes more certain of one's instincts  and it's much more obvious which ideas deserve my attention and which don't.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity