Thursday 9 May 2013

Cleveland: Castro Neighbors and Immaturity | Clarissa's Blog

Cleveland: Castro Neighbors and Immaturity | Clarissa's Blog


I take it for granted that these things are happening all the time. This kind of violence is common. Generally there is something wrong with people today, and so much so I choose to minimize my contact with many people, just because there were many years in which I could have used some help, and nobody came through for me. So, I’ve applied that acid test to any possible future relationship: Would this person stand up for me in a crisis? If not ….if I find out that they are a backstabbing son of a bitch, I dismiss them as a person I want to interact with. I see that backstabbing trait everywhere and I see it as a trait of modern “humanity”. I therefore stay away from this humanity — and may they long enjoy their blood fests.

That said, I always instinctively help people, or do the right thing. I’m old-fashioned in that way and my real cultural roots are collectivist. Also I’m not deeply concerned about not making mistakes. I’ve never internalized that fear, at least not in relation to helping others. I don’t identify with the political structure that much that I would be afraid of looking foolish in front of it.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity