Saturday 18 May 2013

I'm listening more about facial readings...

I'd put it about on the level of psychoanalysis.  There is a certain amount of probability to this.  Let us name that "science".  Mostly, however it's not science, but art, at least if it is to be realistic and effective.

With this in mind, I can consider the meanings of facial imagery more deeply.  Let's look at the first one.  This is my apehead as it stands -- the face with which I interact with everybody publicly.  I see some intensity, which may be related to my full contact sparring drills a few days earlier.  The bridge of my nose is narrower than the one below, which means greater perfectionism and (perhaps) vulnerability to criticism (including self-criticism) than my private self would take into consideration.  The frown lines, permanently etched from my early twenties, mean I am too hard on myself.  The slight crows feet mean I am emotionally open to others, not closed.   The thinner upper lip means circumspection.  The wide forehead implies an intellectual drive and emphasis.  I'm not that idealistic or concerned about aesthetics or my eyebrows would be higher.  My jaw is fairly square, which means I stick to my views.

RIGHTSIDE
1
2. The second picture seems to be a ninja version of myself.  According to the dodgy not-quite-science of facial reading, this is my private self -- the real, inner self.  Let's not get all Nietzschean here and assert the subtleties of the matter:  the original picture may have been taken slightly on an angle.  It's possible that one eye isn't actually Asian.  One eye Asian and the other Caucasian -- I'm not quite sure.

In any case, perhaps quite generally, this portrays my inner self -- being the self that doesn't feel the impulse go engage overtly in societal dramas.

You can see the bridge of the nose is wider -- implying a more hard-nosed approach of indifference to societal mores.  Also, I'm not quite as earnest (naive) as anybody might have hoped, but rather interested and mischievous.

Comparing my portraits, top and bottom, I see  in the first a cerebral emphasis, with more of a sensual/physical emphasis in the second.
leftsideePRIVATE

This stands to reason.  Often in life, I have been defeated or thwarted in the public domain, but although this is upsetting, my underlying personality, being immensely strong and resilient, gives me great reassurance.

If the first picture portrays the tertiary layer of my self, the second shows the foundational layer.  It's less cerebral, but more instinctive, also more hard nosed, more defiant (the stronger jawline) and indifferent to opinion-makers.

It does not trouble me to fall back onto this layer because I know I won't fall far.  In fact, it may be the means to get the insights I need to move ahead.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity