Monday 6 May 2013

Drinking

| Clarissa's Blog


I can drink a lot so long as I don't get dehydrated, which can happen during pollen season. Then I get an allergy cycle, where my mucous membranes in my sinuses become inflamed and I can't get hydrated again, because this dryness and inflammation increases my sensitivity to pollen, and the allergy itself dehydrates me.

And unlike some people, I drink to remember, not to forget. I can travel more extensively into the past and the future, and more deeply into myself after a few drinks. It's like gaining extra REM sleep and works to integrate the various levels of my psyche. If I don't drink at least every eight days or so, I start to feel brittle and irritable, like one deprived of sleep. I love sleeping.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity