Sunday 8 March 2015

Repost

Because I  hailed from a very right wing society where it seemed men were elusively noble -- (that is, not quite in the sense of being so, but rather as shadows of nobility inspirited on warlike grey horses) -- my conversion to feminism was via a rough and lonely road.

My conversion was achieved through Western gender dynamics, but would not have been the same without the contributing factor of my incredible naivety.

The structure of relationships in a contemporary Western context mostly, if not always, go like this.  The Western men will adopt the attitude that they are free agents and free spirits, worthy of being engaged with or relied upon.    They should be trusted implicitly.  Time reveals that these wonderful men are incapable of anything out of the mundane.   It becomes evident that they believe nefarious forces are holding them back.  Just when one is wondering what or whom these nefarious agents omight be, their tide of reasoning points to YOU.

You, as a woman, are the inherent cause of the deep self-hatred and it is ALL YOUR FAULT.

After a period of ten or twenty years, these tactics convinced me that I had to embrace feminism or risk losing more of my sanity.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity