Sunday 8 March 2015

TUMBULAR 22

This had been the last night of freedom was before they arrested us and bought us in.  They accused us of having written "very negatively of others", although what they had alighted on was none other than a design I had made for a prototype of the very first tumbulation.  I took pains to point out that there was no reference to anyone living or dead in this design, but they took this as a sign of rugged defiance, asserting that my lack of including them in the pattern of the design was a sign that I considered them unimportant and unworthy of living on in the walls of the machine that would be jettisoned into space.  They further claimed they had found evidence of gross internal inconsistency in the outline.  A shower of dust had landed from the heavens and obscured the despiction of the structure on one side.

I pleaded with them that the reason their identities and natures were not in the walls was that I didn't want to incriminate anyone but myself.  I was the only one to be considered blameworthy for my own content, should another alien species find the data and choose to use it.  They didn't listen.  They just demanded they be blasted to the stars.  "We're all in this together!" they said, as they snapped their chains around my wrists and led me away.  We have not seen the stars above the open vlei now for more than a hundred days.





No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity