Monday 23 March 2015

Repost

Apocalyptics Anonymous II says "go forth and multiply". So here I am obliging...

So here are the rules of Tagging:

1. Link to the person(s) who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they were tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Random things about myself:

*For twenty long years (about 10 of which were profoundly reflective on the matter), I thought I had lost "my culture" because the Zimbabwean white culture had disbanded, left their source, and many of them had become weird or ill because of the diaspora. To my astonishment, during the past few months, I've found that black Zimbabwean culture is still alive with many of the cultural aspects I've been missing up until now.

*Pigeons sometimes look at me through my office window. I gaze back.

*Now that I've finished my memoir, I wonder what all the fuss was about. What was that intellectual problem that I really had to try to solve, again?  Oh yeah, it was the issue of my emotional numbness, due to too  much parental hostility.  I didn't have the psychyological or economic space to reconcile my self with what was demanded of me:  I've got that now. UPDATED see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U8L9NxrWnI

*If I had not become an intellectual, I don't know what would have become of me. It is unlikely that I would have become mad -- perhaps dead instead, or inwardly stone?

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity