Thursday 26 March 2015

Repost

Validating Emotions | Clarissa's Blog

It’s psycho-pop language, but if it were not, it probably would not be able to communicate anything in any case, to a world dominated by psycho-pop.

Emotions are often the first indicator that something is wrong, so I like to pay attention to them. Constitutionally, I understate things and under-react to most things, as does my family of origin. If it’s a life and death matter, we are a family of stoics. Therefore, when I say that something feels very, very wrong, I actually mean that I am facing an issue that is heavy indeed.

There are people who will say, “No, you are exaggerating.”

Me: “I am facing a very desperate issue indeed.”

Them: “No, you are exaggerating.”

Of course they are as welcome to their beliefs as I am to my self-reliance. I’ve learned a lot about self-reliance from such people and you can see it in my current lifestyle..

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity