Monday 11 April 2016

How I Began to Heal From Narcissistic Abuse and Toxic Families





One thing I picked up very early about narcissistic society was that everything was, indeed, backwards, in particular the sense of cause and effect. It seemed that a bully would cause a very unfortunate result and then sit back and proclaim that he or she was merely the effect of a bad situation, rather than the cause of it. The victim was then nominated as the cause, and everybody believed this story, rather than the truth. It is indeed, as you were saying, an Alice in Wonderland situation. As a victim of this very unfortunate form of reasoning, the only way I could find to defend myself was to cut myself off from these kinds of situations, so that, by virtue of simply not being there, I could no longer be deemed the cause of the toxicity.Narcs and narcissistic society are identifiable by this back-to-front thinking.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity