Saturday 30 April 2016

Shamanic initiation & possibility of redemption





I think I might have had some shamanic initiation but I am not entierly sure. I am sure that I have not the same background as you. Most people don't. I came into contact with someone who had totally different expierence from mine and I suspect from most people as well. I went looking for expierences that out of the norm and some of the things I expierenced made me anxious. If I doubted the expierences of these individuals I would try and find an authority to give me another explanation. I found the authorities explanation to be lacking. This created a great deal of anxiety. I find it very very difficult to find satisfactory explanations in the mainstream. I am stuck. Like the tight rope walker in Thus Spoke Zarathustra I am not sure if I have made it across or gone under. Prior to those expierences I Felt whole but at the moment I am not to sure.

What do you think? Am I making any sense?
 
+Antistar211 I understand it completely.
It is very difficult because you do need to make yourself whole again, which in modernity is pretty hard to do. Either that, or in effect you will actually "go under". (And even when you do make yourself whole, it is very difficult to stay whole in a society where everybody disagrees with you and some will take pot shots.) To become whole is the most difficult thing. During the time you are crossing the wire or the bridge, you must be able to innovate and take on any mask that is offered you, no matter how repulsive. But after that, one still is not whole unless one has cleansed oneself. These projections that one has experienced during the difficult crossing are not the same as oneself, and if one does not cleanse oneself, one is not yet whole. You need to actually weave your own mythology to become whole. I, for instance, am a warrior who is guided by a zebra.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity