Thursday 14 July 2016

Identity politics, anti-historical and self-defeating: here's why - YouTube

Identity politics, anti-historical and self-defeating: here's why - YouTube:Me Too24 minutes ago

I had to go back and listen again. I was first left unsure whether you were falsely presumed to be an a SAS soldier, or whether your role was Covert Special Forces, so you had to deny your identity. You were 15, when you said your mental acuity was at its height. Your mental acuity seems pretty powerful now. Maybe that's your vulnerability, how much you're able to see. Some may have perceived your intellectual giftedness a threat and tried to tear it down, unsuccessfully thank goodness!
Jennifer Armstrong 
Haha. Sorry to have confused you. Yes, I was completely without a cultural skin or psychological covering, having been uprooted back then -- the exact opposite to what I would have needed to have been to represent a threat. Had I actually fought in the Rhodesian war (which is the war people in the West were punishing me for), I would then have been a real force to contend with.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity