Saturday 30 July 2016

Narcissists Push You Then Pull Back so They can Push Harder Later - YouTube

Narcissists Push You Then Pull Back so They can Push Harder Later - YouTube:Alexander Jurjens4 hours ago

Craziness and insanity do not exist. Narcissists (and probably the other cluster B types) are the only people who think that craziness and insanity do exist.
Narcissists are really not sophisticated for schizoids. Schizoids can easily beat them. Schizoids are the only people who can effectively deal with narcissists. That is because schizoids grew up around narcissists and they are finely attuned to abusive behaviour.
Jennifer Armstrong 
I can identify with this statement. I am very, very finely tuned to power relationships. I watch them and I notice the very, very obvious manipulations even in normal life, in situations that most people would find natural, or within the normal range. But the manipulation is there, and it is so stark to me and so insulting to my intelligence. In that kind of seemingly normal-on-the-surface situation I have no desire to belong. I find even the thought of trying to belong insulting. In an narcissistic society, this dislike or refusal to participate in inauthenticity is viewed as an expression of narcissism, but it is really schizoidism. I'm happier being on my own unless the situation strikes me as rigorously authentic. I'm also very well equipped to be on my own, and such a state rarely involves any kind of suffering.
Since the narcissists view me as either (initially) normal, or as another kind of narc. (on their second take), they always employ the wrong sorts of tactics against me. I'm very, very, very self-reliant, but they try to employ tactics to make me doubt myself and so that will crave belonging. These do not work. If I doubt myself, I will become less emotionally available until I figure the whole situation out. And certainly, I don't crave belonging, because I am very rich within. My childhood experiences were very rich indeed, and I can fall back on them. Above all, perceiving the narc.'s very obvious attempts at manipulation invokes my strong contempt for them. I'm really not so emotional that I can be taken in, or whipped around by incitements to emotionality. My early training taught me that being emotionally cool was a matter of survival, so I am not at all prone to sacrificing my survival instincts for anybody.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity