Wednesday 20 July 2016

Vlog 145 Healing - YouTube

Vlog 145 Healing - YouTube:My background and family line is pretty close to the military, and I have found that the training I have had from the strictness of it all can indeed make me susceptible to manipulation. But there is another gear I have, in my mind, which enables me to have very efficient adaptation, temporarily, to the extremes. It the same as when you are on an ice sheet, and your body has the adaptation of hypothermia -- sending all the blood and warmth only to the major organs and sacrificing the peripheries. My emotions do shut down, after a certain point of intensity. I'm able to act in terms of what logic dictates about the situation, not emotion.Later on, I have to do the hard work of getting emotions to return, and making sense of my previous actions, which may not seem human or humane, but they are always the right decisions, I believe in terms of justice, not just my own survival.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity